Tuesday 6 June 2017

Look Fantastic Benefit Box - Products I Received and Review

Look Fantastic Benefit Box

This is the first time I have used Look Fantastic but I've heard good things about their subscription boxes and their collab boxes so when I saw this advertised on Instagram I had to get it as not only will I get to try a Look Fantastic box but it is also Benefit which I love! A little background on Look Fantastic to start off with; Founded in 1996, lookfantastic.com is the original British beauty boutique and today they are Europe's number one retailer for beauty. They are not only a shop but run a monthly beauty box with surprise brands from high end to high street catered to the questionnaire you fill out or work with one brand to create a beauty box filled with classics and new releases.

As soon as it arrived in the post (it took around 4 days to arrive in the post after ordering) I opened up the postage box to reveal the beautiful box design. Not only will this work as good storage like my Birchbox ones do but it also looks nice on the side with the pattern, obviously it is a little stiff to get the lid off as it is new but as soon as I managed to get the lid off I noticed the quote in the lid "Laughter is the best cosmetic...so grin and wear it" from Benefit which is a really nice touch to it. Not only is there the beauty products but also a Look Fantastic beauty book on the Benefit Edition talking about what's in the box, Benefits' story line, about the beauty box subscriptions they do, how to do perfect brows at home using the products inside the box, which brow product they recommend for you, q&a with Lisa Potter Dixon (Head Makeup & Brow Expert at Benefit), q&a with Patricia Bright (lookfantastic ambassador and blogger) and q&a with Lydia Miller (lookfantastic ambassador and blogger). It does have some really helpful tips with how to use the products in the box and how to use these brow products as the only thing I have used is a dip brow pomade.


Not only is the box nice but how they've packed the products inside is really nice with the pink tissue paper wrapping it all together being held together with a sticker saying the box hashtag #LFBEAUTYBOX pushing past the tissue paper it revealed the products inside; a full size Roller Lash Mascara, travel size Gimme Brow in 3, travel size Ready, Set, Brow!, travel size Porefessional Matte Rescue, travel size new (and exclusive for now) Hoola Quickie Contour Stick, a brow measuring stick, sample of the It's Potent! Eye Cream, sample of Total Moisture Facial Cream and a sample size of Boi-ing Airbrush Concealer No.2. Considering the price of the box ($35.00 excluding postage) you really do get a lot for the money! I have already got a travel size of the Porefessional Matte Rescue and I did buy the Double Boi-ing Concealer so I will do a quick little review but not a full one as I am going to save it for when I go away and need a smaller size.
The first item I was dying to try is the new Hoola Quickie Contour Stick as I haven't even tried the original Hoola yet so getting the newest product is really exciting. I first swatched it on my hand as I am really pale so I normally have to have an ash tone contour to stop it looking so orange but this one looks more like my dip brow pomade! I tried it on my face and it did look a little dirty on my skin tone but it is smooth with a buttery formula. I am going to see if the original Hoola is any better on my skin tone as this one doesn't unfortunatly. I would say it is worth giving it a go thought as it is a really nice looking contour for summer time as the forumla is so buttery and you can't feel it on the skin.

Porefessional Matte Rescue is one of my favourite primers for every day use, not only does it help fight my oily skin while I am wearing make up or just want a oil free day but it makes my skin feel soft and like there isn't any product on it. I have noticed a big change in my skin since using it (oil wise) as I do struggle especially at work or in summer time in general as sweat tends to make my skin look even oilier. I won't right a big review on this product as I did get it in my Birchbox this month as well so I did do a larger review on it for that blog post (last week) but if there is anything you want to know about it then drop a comment down below and I'll answer any questions.

I tested out both the brow products (Gimme Brow and Ready, Set, Brow!) in the same day. The shade for the Gimme Brow is number 3 which is too dark for my now blonde/ginger hair but would of been perfect with my black hair. I've never used any gels before to do my brows, instead using pomades as I find them easier to work with but wiggling this through my eyebrows was quick and easy, my brows stayed in place all day and kept their colour even when I run a finger over them. This is definitely a perfect one for summer, it is even splash proof (it was drizzling outside) without loosing pigmentation or smudging in the slightest. I really like the applicators on these but I did use a usual duo brow brush to neaten it up a bit as it will take a bit of time to get used to using a brush all the way along.

 The full size product I received from them is the Benefit Roller Lash mascara (shade black) since I looked on the back I was hooked on the look of the brush (the bristle lengths perfect to covering every lash and the curved shape perfect for the eye). The packaging is as cute as the other Benefit products and the bottle is simple but pretty, I love the fact the lid is almost a grippy plastic coating for less stress on holding the lid. My lashes do look really good after application, they look slightly longer but nothing too noticeable, it didn't smudge throughout the whole day of wearing it. I did like that it was quite easy to remove, I've been having trouble with a different brand with how rough it is to my lashes to remove so this was a pleasant surprise. I definitely think I will buy it again when it runs out as it is a good day mascara.

As the samples are quite small I won't be writing about the It's Potent Eye Cream and Total Moisture Facial Cream as I'm going to save them for trips away to save on space in my travel bag. The last tester was for Boi-ing no.2 which I already have (in the double Boi-ing cream concealer) is too dark for me so I will probably give it to a friend who will match to the shade better.

Overall the box is 100% worth the price, at $35 you get 1 full size product, 4 travel size (1 being a brand new product not out yet) and 3 testers which gives you a chance to see if you like the product before making a decision on buying the full thing. These are still in stock if you want to buy one for yourself with the link down below.


https://www.lookfantastic.com/beauty-box/lookfantastic-x-benefit-limited-edition-beauty-box/11400443.html?widget_id=616286



2 comments:

  1. I see a lot of Benefit products here! I'm sure that will please tonnes of people!

    Sian x
    www.theenglisheverygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a really nice box to have tbh! The samples they sent are being saved for my holiday in Janurary to cut down my make up bag! x

      Delete

Let me know what you think down here :)